is only during the last few years that I have been able to
indulge my lifelong interest in art.
I am fortunate to have been born, lived and worked in an
area of outstanding natural beauty, which has proved so inspirational.
success in national and international competitions has encouraged
me to share my love for land and seascapes through my paintings.
I am particularly drawn to landscapes and seascapes especially where light and atmosphere play their part in my interpretation, and although I am happy to paint in
all mediums, I especially enjoy working in oils with palette knives and my own hands to achieve the effects I want in response to the places I visit. I work both
on site and in the studio.
My work is shown in joint and solo exhibitions and in the following galleries:
- The Waterfront Gallery, Milford Haven
- Victoria Fearn Gallery, Cardiff
Exhibitions for 2016 are as follows:
- 15 March – 11 April: Cloisters Gallery, St David's Cathedral
- 12 May – 6 June: The Waterfront Gallery, Milford Haven
- 3 – 16 June: Aberglasney Gardens, near Llandeilo
- First two weeks of July: St David's City Hall, Pembrokeshire
Visitors are welcome to view my work in my home by appointment. I also have work in private collections in the United Kingdom,
Europe, South Africa, the USA and New Zealand.
Thank you for your interest.
Sandra L Phillips